School hours are 8.15 -2.40. Many school start and finish around this time to avoid the rush hour traffic - and it can be a nightmare the traffic here. Paul and I had to take her to school. It was advised not to use the bus system on the first day so we got a mini bus and taxi. Typical - it rained ! It was on and off all day. Thankfully, the downpours only happened once we were indoors.
For the first week the class has been split into 2 and they each go every other day until Friday 27th. It's a full day they're going for unlike some of the other schools here where they've got split days.
Hannah just LOVES going to school. She was so excited when we picked her up on her first day and was showing us this is where she ate her snack, what they did. It really was wonderful to hear. I got told that I hadn't given her enough food (that has to be a first) and I need to give her more on Monday. I best check with her if it'll be enough......
Her first day - we're about to leave the apartment
Yes, the bag is still big !
Waiting to go to her class - 1D. Her teacher is Miss Davies.
Today, being Monday 23rd was her turn again. This time we caught the bus. She was so excited to be going to school but rather anxious about catching the bus. This is something completely foreign to her as for the past 2 years I've taken her to school - either walking or on the mini-bus. I went with her this morning (I think she felt better when I told her that this was my first time on a school bus too!). We left the apartment just after 7.30am to go downstairs to the entrance to wait. The bus arrived at 7.45 and hopped on. We were at school by 8.00. I took her to her area to wait with her friends for the bell to ring and the teacher to arrive. She was happy to say goodbye. I was doing great until I saw a little boy in another class not very happy !
Waiting in the playarea
Waiting
And off she goes.....
Victoria and I went downstairs about 3pm to wait for the bus. Victoria was so excited to be waiting for Hannah and sat on the ledge and watched all the traffic that came up the hill. As soon as she saw the bus it was "There it is, there's Hannah's bus. I see it".
Here comes the bus round the corner
No comments:
Post a Comment