02 March 2011

Chaos in the Valley

It was a morning of chaos in the Valley yesterday.  When I was waiting for the school bus with Hannah at 7.30am traffic was banked up our hill.  It was abit bemusing as it's never like that at that time and of course was the morning when I had to be at school with Hannah early for the school trip.  Thought there must have been an accident in Causeway Bay but didn't think anything more of it until a friend rang to ask if Victoria and I were at the sports ground for Victoria's sports day.  Unfortunately, Hannah's school trip had been rescheduled and it the date change coincided with Victoria's sports day.  I went with Hannah and Paul took Victoria. 

What had happened at about 5am was a freshwater pipe had burst on Wong Nai Chung Road - which is the main road into Happy Valley causing all sorts of chaos.  Causeway Bay was even MORE of a nightmare than usual.  It basically flooded the street making it impassable for people, cars and even trams.  And of course we had to cross to the other side to get to the sports ground at the Hong Kong Football Club - well, when I say we, I mean Paul.  Aside from going right around the racecourse which would have taken a good deal of time the best way was to go through it.  Unfortuntately for Paul, it meant that he had to walk through it carrying Victoria.  He wasn't the only one though.....

The burst water pipe...


And all the water....


Heading towards Happy Valley - tram not going anywhere


Looking at Causeway Bay.  The Hong Kong Football Club is the building on the left...


Looking at the HKFC - this is where the entrance is and meant you had to go through the water.  Apparently it was quite deep.....


Outside the HKFC looking back at Wong Nai Chung Road














Paul took the photos as he had the camera.  He was under instructions to take lots of photos of Victoria at sports day and captured this aswell.....

No comments:

Post a Comment