08 June 2011

Introducing Miss 4 !!!

Victoria turned 4 at the end of May - I can't believe that she's 4 !!  Where has this time gone ?!!  It was a week of celebration for her.

On Monday she does mandarin so I thought it would be a nice idea to have a 'special' snack to celebrate.  Timing worked brilliantly as it was at our place.  One of her friends Ethan brought her a flower and that made her day !  She was most upset when it started to look 'bruised' - it kept falling out of her hair !!  I'd made cupcakes and they weren't big enough for 4 candles so she only got one to blow out.  I think she was happy with that.

Victoria with Ethan













 Victoria and her mandarin friends














On the Wednesday (her actual birthday) her preschool helped to celebrate her birthday too.  I had to go into school and read Victoria's life story - so far !   She was so excited not only to have us there but what we were there for - she got to sit at the front of the class.  One of the teachers had made a crown for her to wear and she was so chuffed.  I went to tell her story and Paul came with the camera.  It was a really special way of celebrating with her.  The class had had four birthdays in May and they all happened to be that week - starting on the Monday !!

At home before leaving for school













 At school reading her life story
At school


















 At home after school
 

Paul started work in the evening so we were able to celebrate her birthday with a special afternoon tea - complete with cake and blowing out the candles.  We waited until Hannah got home from school and then got stuck into it.  Weds afternoon was a rather busy time has we then had to go to Victoria's school to meet the teachers and discuss her school report.






On the Sunday following Victoria had her party !   She had some friends from school come plus some friends that we met when we first arrived in HK.  She was so excited for it and couldn't wait for the time to arrive.  There was alot of fun and laughter for 2 hours and like all good things time just passed too quickly !!

When we were talking about cakes she wasn't sure what she wanted but thanks to Hannah, she liked the idea of Miffy !!  When she made that decision I was rather happy about that as it's just a shaped face with white icing and black outline.  How hard can white icing be ?!!!!  I think I got there in the end - Victoria was happy with it so that was the main thing achieved !!  It was a rather decandent topping for a 4 year old birthday cake - white chocolate ganache with white icing suger over the top (the white chocolate turned out yellow so needed to fix that up).  We had a couple of games of pass the parcel, made funny faces out of paper plates and glitter glue, and ate party food.  All in all a great time had by all and we had one VERY happy 4 year old !!

THE cake - Miffy
Before the party 

Pass the parcel

Making funny faces

Party food

Blowing out the candles

Victoria and her friends
And this says it all......it's mine !!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment