23 April 2009

Sham Shui Po continued

It was back today to one of my favourite spots in HK - the craft area. I was on a tour today which was really good. Got to meet some other ladies, who enjoy the crafty side of things. Got shown some fantastic stores - ribbons, buttons, beads - and I hadn't come across them the last time I was there. Plus a number of different kinds of shops. There was one shop that just stocked paper bags. And you name it they had it. There were the plain brown paper bags, a selection I've never seen of party bags (you know the ones that the kids have at parties) I'm going to have to stock up on those that's for sure. It certainly far surpasses the selection at The Warehouse and believe it or not, alot cheaper too.

I think I'm going to have to visit this place at least once a month as I'm sure product just comes and goes. The photos I've attached are of a ribbon shop - unfortunately the photos don't do the place justice - but I've never seen the type of selection before. Downstairs was the ribbon and upstairs was the lace....

This place had the brocade ribbons that get used for belts that all the designers have been using (I've been studying the display items in the window - trully). Just around the corner are the shops for the buckles - you could have a fabulous new belt and be up with the trends for a ridiculously low price - and I do mean ridiculous !!

I stocked up on a few things so with the girls in bed and Paul out for the evening think I'll go and be creative and see what I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment