This place is the mecca for all those who love crafts. There are streets and streets AND streets of shops full of things that make the creativity juices flow.... There are streets just of buttons, there are streets just of fabric, a street for ribbon, a street for buckles and belts, street full of beads - you get the idea. And the beauty of it all is that it is really, really cheap. I went there with a friend recently. Very easy to get to from Happy Valley - I just walk down the hill to catch a bus and stay right on it until the very end. This place is over on the Kowloon side and is very much the "true" Hong Kong - wet markets right beside shops full of fabric (no health inspector in sight), all the Chinese writing and not much English spoken.
I'd heard about this place and wanted to check it out as I wanted to see it all plus I can never have too much ribbon or buttons for my scrapbooking.... I was only there for a couple of hours and didn't really see much of it so have to go back - funny that I'll be there next week !
This is one of the MANY ribbon shops that I saw. This one was a favourite...
!


This is one example of a fabric shop. There are literally hundreds of these as they display all the swatches of material. There was some really funky material that I'm sure will be seen made up in clothes a season from now.....
As you can imagine, I stocked up !!
No comments:
Post a Comment