I know that I haven't written in a while but a month ago - NOW that is slack. I have abit of catching up to do...
Today I took Hannah to school to meet her new teacher. Monday is the start of not only the new term BUT the new year - to me a strange concept as doesn't the school year start in January !! It seems quite logical as January is the first month. She has moved up to reception class, where they really start focusing on getting them ready for school. She is no longer a Ladybird but a Barn Owl!! She is in the same classroom as last year but has a new teacher - Miss Tracey. Many of her friends are in her class so I don't think Monday will be too traumatic for her. She has her own hook for her school bag and was so excited about that. I think it's going to be a good year for her. I got told that they've changed the way that they will be teaching Mandarin and instead of once a week for 30 mins they're now going to be doing it twice a week !! Plus Hannah attends a story and craft session once a week which is completely in Mandarin. I've noticed since she started this there are the odd words of mandarin coming out - see I know mandarin Mummy !! I have NO clue if it's a real word or a made up word !! but if she's comfortable using them that's fantastic. The real beauty of it is that she has an echo !! We must be doing something right.
Photos and summer update next up.
28 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment