28 July 2009

Aberdeen Water park

I meant to post this entry before we left on holiday....

Hong Kong has some great activities for kids. Over the summer have been trying to do different things with the girls, when Hannah's not at summer school. There are a number of water parks scattered over HK Island and I've been determined to take the girls to one. The first setback I had was that initially when I had the time, as Hannah had finished preschool early due to the swine flu, they were shut. Once all the schools had shut down for the summer the water parks started to re-open. I took the girls to Aberdeen water park which is over the hill, near Ocean park. I knew where I was going as it's near where the girls have their swimming lessons but I didn't know what it was called. For some reason this pool has been renamed. I got the Cantonese pronouciation sussed and got in the cab. I said where I wanted to go and the taxi driver said "you mean the Aberdeen swimming pool".... I don't know why I bother sometimes but the day I don't the taxi driver won't know !!!


There is your main swimming pools but there are 2 areas for the kids. They're full of slides, water umbrellas etc. so much fun. I thought I'd take some photos to share but managed to get one in before I got told off as apparently you're not supposed to take photos !!! Oh well, it should give you an idea....




This is the "baby" pool of the two. The other pool for the bigger kids you can see in the background was just too busy for Victoria. The girls had a ball but I told Hannah that next time we go we can try the bigger pool. Might have to rope Paul into that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment