21 January 2012

Read-A-Thon

For one month, beginning 11th Jan to 8th Feb, Hannah's school is doing a read-a-thon.  This is to not only encourage reading amongst the students but also as a fundraiser.  I think it's a pretty good idea and so far Hannah has embraced it.  She does enjoy reading - especially those Rainbow Magic books......I am quietly trying to "broaden" her reading selection with something abit different amongst those fairy books.

Weds was library day at school.  I met Hannah at the bus after school and this was what I was greeted with (I was abit slow getting her coming off the actual bus with her nose in a book)!




















She waited by the driveway for me to catch up so we could walk across to the elevator together.  And read all the way, in the elevator, up to our apartment.



















Once inside snuggled into her bean bag to finish the book.  One Rainbow Magic fairy book completed !!!

It's wonderful to see her developing a love of reading. 

Victoria has it too and will quite happily go sit on her bed, on her bean bag with a selection of books. 

On a side note - this was the sky that morning.  It was early - I think I took it about 6.50am - but thought it made a great shot.

The start of a new day......

No comments:

Post a Comment