29 January 2012

World of Wearable Art (WOW)

The New Zealand extravaganza for the World of Wearable Art (or WOW as it's known as) is showning now in Hong Kong for the next week.  I have actually never seen the show while in NZ - even when I used to work directly across from where it was held - so it's ironic that I get to watch it in HK.  The collection that was shown was costumes that are in the muesum in Nelson. 

I was fortunate enough to go to a Premier Night showing that the HK Jockey Club put on.  It was AMAZING.  The way that the show had been put together and the costumes....oh my.... the costumes/outfits/creations of art were quite simply out of this world!  You just didn't know quite where to look and then when you thought you'd seen "the best" another one was right behind it to take its place. 

I was so pleased to have been able to go and to see this.  And now I know what I've been missing out on all these years.....

No comments:

Post a Comment