03 July 2009

Sun Kids

Trying to keep the girls entertained and busy is quite full-on. Now that Hannah's back at preschool and Victoria's playgroup is back on places are slowly starting to open back up. Many of the government facilities ie indoor playrooms are still shut until further notice. I've been taking them on trams, mini buses, buses and the subway for an adventure with the main goal of going to a mall !! They are huge here and the girls can run around to their hearts content without getting hot. I of course, can wonder the shops and check out what's new and more importantly now - what's on SALE !!! But I digress....

One of the activities that I signed Hannah up for is Mandarin Story and Craft time. It's for an hour every week and is very handy as it's in Happy Valley. Bascially it's arts and crafts and music all done in Mandarin !! I was worried about how she would go initially - first class yesterday - but no problems. It didn't faze her that the spoken language wasn't English. She goes with a friend which is great for both of them. But what astounded me was that when I went to collect her the teacher asked me (in English !!) if she'd been learning Mandarin. I explained that she goes to preschool and that they have a mandarin session every Weds. The teacher commented that her mandarin is very good and that she was confident to speak in class - using mandarin. I know I commented about her school report mentioning what she was able to do in Mandarin so to hear from someone else saying something similar after ONE class is a great feeling. What a fantastic achievement for her. Hannah obviously knows more than what I think she does. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to hear her and see how she is.... She goes to a place called Sun-Kids and they are FANTASTIC. I think it might be something worth continuing with and even getting Victoria involved. I might even get to learn a few things too.....

Best get back to the tennis - Federer is playing Haas. Paul's out shopping !! Talk about irony - Paul's out shopping and I'm home watching sport......go figure !!

No comments:

Post a Comment